| Your amazing eyelashes that would make any supermodel jealous. |
Oh Baby Boy... you are not my little baby anymore! You'll always be MY baby, but not an actual baby. What I'm very ineloquently trying to say is - you are SO GROWN UP. Each and every day I stare at you in amazement as you do something new or better than you've done it before.
| Outside - the place where you belong. |
So, what have you been up to since my last update at (gasp) 9 months? Well, you began walking at 10 months (and running not long after that!) It has been so much fun seeing you so proud to be bipedal, being able to carry things in your hands while you motor around.
| Straight for the lake... but it's getting too cold to paddle - much to your displeasure! |
You can say: Mama, baba, woof woof (for dog - or anything with 4 legs really), moooo (for cow), bbrrrrppp! (high pitched noise for birds) and lots and lots of babble. When you're angry, you HOLLER and when you're happy you chit chat. It's lovely to hear you find your voice. We're currently working on "Hello!" and "Ball"...
You love to mimic us! We cover our eyes for peekaboo, and you do the same. Mummy puts a hat on, so do you. We sweep, mop or vaccum the floor and you latch on and 'help' us. In fact, I've bought a new dustpan and brush for you to use yourself - you are ever so proud of yourself.
| Eyes on the job Hamish! You have mopping to do! |
One of the things that I love about you most is your kind and gentle nature with other kids (apart from cousin Josie of course - family is different). You walk up to any kid on the street, a grin from ear to ear, ready to be pals. Sometimes the kids ignore you, some are just as happy to see you and others are a little less kind... but you persevere.
Hm.. what else? You have 8 teeth (4 top and 4 bottom), you weigh just a smidge over 10kgs and you've stretched to an impressive 75cm!
Oh! And you know sleep through the night (more or less)! We put you to bed at 7pm and you are all lovely and snuggly. You and I have a little ritual that we go through each night that leaves me smiling from ear to ear as I descend the stairs. First, we snuggle as I carry you up to your room - your little face in my neck - often blowing raspberries or humming in my ear. Then I pop you into your bed where you lay there and gargle your saliva (gross, weird, high pitched) and I get you into your sleeping bag. Next, you stick your hand through the gaps in the cot and I kiss your little fingers, then I stick my hand though and you open mouth kiss it. Finally, we wave to each other and I blow you kisses (which you've just started to try and copy). Each night, I leave you happy and chatty and you eventually fall asleep.
Most mornings you are up at 6 or 6:30. It KILLS us each and every day. Your daddy and I are NOT morning people at ALL, so we take turns in getting up to you to feed you breakfast. Generally after you've eaten breakfast you are happy to play or watch Sesame Street until naptime which is around 8 or 8:30.
Ok - this update is much too overdue, so I won't go on, but I will post some pictures of your first birthday party soon :)
Awesome update - perfect little insight into Hamishs world. The bedtime routine brought a tear to my eye & made me smile. So lovely... I'm still smiling xx
ReplyDelete